Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Pigs in snow



Yesterday, there was one magical hour where the snow was melting, the sun was shining, the air was crisp, and the time was my own. The piggies had been shut in the barn for a couple of days due to the bitterly cold weather, so I decided to open the doors as wide as the snow and ice and frozen mud would allow and tempt them outside with some local hay and slightly frozen apples.

The pigsters came out first - the bravest, friendliest, piggyest ones. Then came a few of the more timid ones, along with Mama Soda.


Is that snow I smell?

Mama, I'z freezin'!



Iz this icecweam????


Soda checks out frozen apple



A few of the little ones took one look at the snow and said "No thankyou, we'll just stay in here until you feel sorry for us and bring us some treats". Scotch was among those - he stuck his head around the corner of the door, ooffed a few times, and went back to bury himself in his straw and blankets. I'm sure I heard him say those words my mother used to say: "Would you mind closing the door - d'ya think we live in a BARN???"

No way, I'z NOT comin' out!

None of them stayed out long, and when I returned to check on them twenty minutes later, the apples were gone and the piggies were nestled all snug in their beds.

1 comment:

Janice Gillett said...

And sooooo cute, love Scotch's peek a boo LOL

And looks like here we go again, another 6 inches expected !!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone want to come over and shovel pathes tommorrow?? Good work out, guaranteed!! Free hot choclate LOL