Friday, July 25, 2008

The Many Faces of Charley: My Laughing Girl

Laughing Girl Charley
Photo by Red Dog Photography

For the first nine or ten years of her life, I called Charley my "Eeyore Dog" because she most often plodded along with her head down, tail down, a sad "woe is me" expression on her face - so very reminiscent of my favourite A. A. Milne character, Eeyore, the donkey befriended by Winnie-the-Pooh.

The past couple of years, since moving to the farm, she has blossomed. In the past five months, since Sadie joined us, the change has been remarkable. Nearly every photo shows a happy, laughing girl with her ears up, head up, eyes bright. This is especially evident in the wonderful photos taken recently by Red Dog Photography. She is Eeyore Dog no more.

Here, then, are the many faces of Charley, my sweet Laughing Girl:

Happy Charley

Photo by Red Dog Photography



Relaxed Charley
Photo by Red Dog Photography



Adventuresome Charley

Photo by Red Dog Photography



Resting Charley

Photo by Red Dog Photography


Black and White Charley

Photo by Red Dog Photography


Observant Charley

Photo by Red Dog Photography


Coy Charley

Photo by Red Dog Photography





Pensive Charley

Photo by Red Dog Photography

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some how my beautiful dog has ended up at your house, can you please drop her off when you come here today??

She is GEORGOUS Jean!! Tell her i said!!

Janice

Jean said...

Janice, some days I would gladly drop off all three of my pig-herding dogs!

But today, when they are freshly groomed and smiling, nope, can't have her.

There's a lovely older border collie(maybe a cross) named Roper at the animal shelter here........ hint, hint, hint.

Anonymous said...

Charley is beautiful, and obviously very happy with her life!

Sharon

Robyn said...

Jean, I found your blog through google alert (I have it set to dog photography) and now I'm HOOKED line and sinker! And then I read that your sweet Caleb lost his life to lymphosarcoma. My Chester is almost 10 weeks past his diagnoses. He was given 4-6 weeks. Unfortunately, we lost our Cooper 3 years ago to the same horrible disease. Heartbreaking. I have marked your blog into my favorites...as a fellow animal lover and rescue/shelter proponent you have a friend her in Maryland, USA!

Jean said...

Welcome to the blog, Robyn, and I am so sorry to hear about your dog's diagnosis. Positive vibes heading your way for Chester. He is a beautiful dog - I love boxers!
As well as Red Dog Photography (www.threewoofs.blogspot.com), you might enjoy the dog photography on these sites, which are among my favourites:
http://www.erinvey.com/bark/
http://justmoredogs.blogspot.com/
http://dailycoyote.blogspot.com/

Jean

Anonymous said...

Jean those are lovely pictures of Charley. She looks SO very happy in them all thanks to the life she leads now and your love for her.

Else