Saturday, May 24, 2008

One year ago today

Caleb on his "Gotcha Day"

It was one year ago today that I adopted dear, sweet Caleb, my brindle boy, my pitti-lab cross who pawed his way into my heart, who snuggled on my bed, who tormented the cat and charged ahead of us all on the dikes and loved his daycare and most of all, who loved me every bit as much as I loved him.

May 24th, 2007 - Caleb's Gotcha Day. We never got to celebrate his first year with me because on December 8th, 2007 he was diagnosed with cancer and on February 20th, 2008 he left this earth.

I miss you Caleb. I hope you are having a blast at the Rainbow Bridge. Wait for me, sweet boy - someday I will see you again. You were the very best.

From Cowichan Valley SPCA, who kept him safe for seven months....


....to my car, for the long trip home....


...to claim his place in my home and my heart.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You very handsome guy!!! Not enough time with you Jean.. but you gave everything he needed during it.

Janice

Anonymous said...

Hi Jean,

Caleb was very lucky you adopted him. His last year was probably his best year; the way you loved him and the care you provided, especially at the end of his journey.

Lou

Anonymous said...

That was a very happy day for all the staff and the volunteers when you came to take our "Toad" to his new home. We all knew he would be in excellent hands with you Jean.
I know his time with you was shorter than we all expected but you gave him the most wonderful home any dog could have wished for.

Else

Anonymous said...

I'm late, but wanted to share that I will remember this very special day with you!

Nana+MP