Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A new day is dawning...



....and I couldn't be happier. Regardless of one's political colours, yesterday was an historic day.

I think, for me, one of the most memorable moments was watching the faces of so many young African Americans who have had little sense of political efficacy until now, to watch their faces and know that they will forever remember this moment in history. I am betting that many of them voted for the first time, and having done so, will be voting for a lifetime. They have been empowered.

Congratulations, Americans. This Canadian looks forward to seeing in what new directions President-Elect Obama will lead your nation.

May the bright sunlight that shines down on my pasture this morning be an omen of a brighter global future.

3 comments:

Janice Gillett said...

His speech was empowering , Yes we can.. i wanted to be an
American !!

Black Jack's Carol said...

Oh, beautiful picture, Jean? Really want to think you are right about that omen.

Anonymous said...

I've never been so excited about a US election as this one.
I think the American people made a GREAT choice. I bet some of Obama's words will go down in history as Kennedy's "Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country" did.

Else