Thursday, January 1, 2009

The first morning of a new year.....



...and we are once again greeted by a wall of white. Nearly a foot more snow fell overnight and this morning. It was amazingly beautiful out there this morning, but I am honestly ready to welcome rain, rain, rain, rain, rain. This snowfall is very heavy and wet - hard to shovel, hard to trudge through, and even the dogs are ready to pack their bags and move to California. They trudge to the pasture gate, then look at me accusingly, as if I'm the one who has made their favourite playground disappear.

But, since there's nothing I can do about the weather except capture its beauty on camera, here's just a few of the kazillion shots I took today:






























3 comments:

sobe said...

these pictures could be postcards, soo beautiful and magical!! thanks for sharing!

Black Jack's Carol said...

I agree with Mike! But, oh my, that overhanging snow/ice! Did you (or maybe Rob, the plowman) knock it down, or break it up somehow after the picture was taken?

Jean said...

That overhanging snow/ice is above the big barn door. I tried to knock it down with a shovel, and it was so solid, the shovel became stuck in it and just hung there!
I did get some down as I couldn't close the door, but the end part is still hanging there - quite beautiful, isn't it?