Thursday, November 22, 2012

One Year Ago Today




It was one year ago today that I awoke in the middle of the night to the ringing of the phone.  Groaning, I blearily stared at the call display and saw my sister’s number.  Oh no, I thought, it’s about mom….

But it wasn’t.  It was my sister-in-law Bev, my sister’s partner of 36 years, calling to tell me my sister had suddenly passed away. 

I thought nothing could ever be so painful, could ever make me grieve so deeply,  than my dad's death thirty-five years ago this December. 

I was wrong.

Miss you, sis, more than words can ever express.   Love you always.

Tell your siblings you love them today.

4 comments:

Black Jack's Carol said...

This put a tear in my heart. I have only the one sibling, a sister, 14 months younger than I. I don't see her often enough but will remember to tell her I love her today. I am sad that this was such a painful loss for you, Jean, but happy that you loved each other so much.

georgia little pea said...

My google reader is full of thanksgiving posts this morning, and this one. I'm never going to forget the anniversary of your loss. My siblings are too far away for me to give them a hug but your post reminds me of how we're all getting on.

Thinking of you and sending you some sunshine (in case it's a grey wet day there) X

Caroline said...

sending you a hug.

Dom said...

*massive hugs*