Monday, June 6, 2011

More photogenic whippets and their furry friends

I was going to call this post "Not My Dogs" because, when I sorted through the rest of the photos I took this weekend, I realized they were nearly all of my guests - Kinley, Logan, and Sam. There is only one of Sadie and none of Charley. Oops. Have I mentioned how hard it is to get a good photograph of long-nosed dogs with mostly black faces?

As promised, here are my second string photos of the photogenic whippets, with a handful of others thrown in:




Logan


Kinley under Logan


Logan (2)


Logan (3)


The staredown


Upside down Logan


Sam and Logan at play


Happy Sam


Shy Sam


Silly Sam


Sadie kisses Ellen


Kinley with flying squirrel


After sleeping for about 24 hours straight, my two and Sam have recovered from their much younger guests, and today were ready to resume our twice-daily walks. It was a beautiful evening on the beach - we watched the river otter at play, saw the sunset turn the fishing boats to silver and gold, and listened to the soft splash of the waves on the shore. A beautiful evening, a beautiful town.


2 comments:

Patience-please said...

Oh, I feel strangely at home in this post!

Funder said...

A good dog is never a bad color... but the not black ones are SO much easier to photograph!! Love the whippet pics, they're so weird looking :)