I am bringing Belle home later this afternoon, to care for her at home while we await the results of bile acid tests to determine the extent of the liver problem. She is obviously beginning to feel a bit better as her alligator jaws have returned (they are hoping she will take food and oral meds better from me than she does from them! Ha ha!). She is still on IV fluids, and if necessary we'll switch back to injectible drugs.
Once we know the bile test results, we'll determine the next steps and whether an ultrasound would be useful. I will not subject her to any invasive procedures or anything requiring anesthetic - she is just too old and frail for that.
At the moment, it is one day - or one hour - at a time.