Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My ratty ol' chair

By Allie the Cat

I want all you blog reeders to know what my Mama did!!!! It is horrifying. It is cat-astrophic. It is unmeowable. She gotz rid of MY RATTY OL’ CHAIR!!!!!

It is my vewy own upholsterered rocking chair. It lived in my attik where I like to run and play. Sumtimes I THROW myself on it and make it go BANG BANG BANG on the attik floor, scaring all the mouses and lotz of peoples too.

I gotz that chair two years ago. Well acshully we has had it fer a long, long, long time since before I came to live with Mama. But then Mama reupholstered it an kepted it at the trailer in her secret camping place. When mama sold the trailer, she broughted it home and put it in the attik which is MY PLAYROOM! I can run and play and sleep and do whatevers I want up there without the doggies bovering me.

I liked to sleeps in that chair. I likes to make that chair go BANG! espeshully at five in the morning. But most of all I likes to scratch and shred that chair.

Mama sez we are not taking that ratty ol’ chair to the new house wiv us. She sez I have a purrfectly good kitty condo to sleep in and climb on and scratch.



My boring kitty condo

Itz NOT the same. I loves that chair. An’ yesterday she drugged it down from the attic and she……I can hardly say this…..she MASSACRED it. She chopped it all up with a skill saw. An’ then she stuffed it in her car and took it to the DUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First the arms.....

....and then THIS!


But itz payback time. The doggies tell me she has bought a NEW COUCH for the new house. I think that will be vewy vewy good fer sharpenin’ my claws on, don’t you? An’ if not, there is new carpet. An a new sofabed. An a new area rug. I’m shure I will find sumethin to knead and scratch and shred. Then she’ll be sowwy she got rid ov my ratty chair.

But I will still miss my lovely ratty ol' chair. Sob!

6 comments:

EvenSong said...

Allie! I'm so sorry! But you better be careful--Your Mama might be thinkin' 'bout getting rid of any whiney little kittehs...
I'm sure you can make do with the new furniture...

Janice Gillett said...

So THAT is the chair that woke me out of a daze one night i slept over at your house!!! I thought a bear got in the attic. lol Crazy cat !! Oh i mean i am very sorry for your loss .. hahaha

Anonymous said...

Alli I know exactly how you feel. I have a rattie old barrel chair that has seen better days but it is soooo comfortable I hate the thought of getting rid of it.
Oh and Alli the new sofa is lovely and very comfy try to keep you little claws out of it and maybe your momma will let you sleep on it.

Else

Anonymous said...

Allie - I have a feeling your Mom will be wishing she had brought your "ratty ol' chair" with her to your new home........

But try and be a good girl and not kill all her new furniture/rugs, o.k.?!

Sharon

Unknown said...

Dear Allie,

Rugs, especially nice ones, are good for peeing on. Remember that.

Love,
Harriet, at the rainbow bridge.

Jean said...

Harriet!!! Don't go giving Allie any ideas - I have four leaky dogs who are quite capable enough of anointing the new rugs! LOL.
Jean