Sunday, February 3, 2013

Come Back Soon, Riley!

Riley's mom is back from her winter hiatus and came to pick up her precious pooch today.  Riley was so happy to see Deb - she leaned into her and, I'm sure, said something like "At last!  I thought you were never coming back for me!  Auntie Jean is nice, but she's not YOU!"

Mom!  You came back!

But I was touched that Riley then came over and leaned into me as well.  I swear she whispered "Thank you Auntie Jean, I've had a nice visit."

Before she left for her mainland home, we took the dogs for a walk along the beach so Deb could see the new seawalk extension.  Deb's friend Lydia walked Mitzi for me, and was quite taken with her (as is most of Crofton - she's such a cute little gaffer!).

Checking out the beaches one last time

Eddie enjoyed the walk too, and was proud to show off "his" beach to our friends.



Then lunch out for Deb, Lydia and me while the dogs had a little snooze.  And soon it was time to say goodbye.  I felt decidedly teary-eyed as I hugged my very special collie guest goodbye before she climbed up the ramp to Deb's car and into her travel crate (which she was less-than-enthusiastic about).



And then stuck her head out the top for one last "Good bye, Auntie Jean!  See you again sometime!"

Bye, Auntie Jean!

Come back any time, Riley.  You were a wonderful house guest and we loved having you here.  We're gonna miss you.


5 comments:

Marie said...

OMGosh, what a touching message this morning, I loved meeting Riley, such a gentle soul.
I can see there was happiness and love upon meeting her Mom but I'm sure she was quite content with Auntie Jean during her time with you.

Unknown said...

Awww, bye-bye Riley! Hopefully we will get updates on you from time to time.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Auntie Jean for letting me stay with you. I had a nice time and did my best to be a good house guest, just like my mom told me to. I'm home now with my cats (they acted I'd never been away!) and I checked out my neighbourhood this morning to make sure everything is as it should be. The only bad thing is that Deb took me to the groomer first thing this morning (yuck - my least favourite thing). However I know I look extra bee-yooo-ti-ful now, so that's good. I hope I see you and Eddie, and Allie, and my new friend Mitzie again really soon!

Sending collie hugs to you all,
Riley

georgia little pea said...

Awww... Hooroo, Riley! It was nice to meet you. I wish I had an Aunty Jean here that I could go to! Your travel crate is beautiful. I think The Typist is wishing there was something like that here for me to travel in but alas! we Oz dogs are a deprived bunch and have to make do with the back of the ute or navigating from the front seat.

Hey Eddie! You're not running around are you? I forgot to say in your last post that I hope your ACL heals up because boy! That. Is. No. Fun. X

Jean said...

Riley, you looks bee-yoooo-ti-ful whether you've just been to the groomer or have fuzzy feet and floofy fur. Say hi to Archie and Rupert from me.

Georgia, Eddie is allowed to walk on level surfaces, but no leaping logs or bounding in or out of cars, so no off leash running just yet. Hopefully he will soon be able to go off leash on some of the better groomed paths around here - we'll stay away from the more rustic hikes for a while though.