Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Shots from today

It was a cold crisp morning when we ventured into the pasture, and the rising sun reflected off the frost and the fur, making everything glisten. I was running late - I'd stayed up until the wee small hours marking papers, slept in, and needed to pick up Macy (Caleb's littermate) from her foster home in Surrey and take her to the vet in New Westminster and a "meet and greet" with a potential adopter in Burnaby. So I had time for little more than my morning walk with the dogs and the customary barn chores. But I couldn't resist grabbing the camera for a few pictures of some of my critters in the cold morning light.

Martin waiting for breakfast. Notice his breath in the cold air!

Charley in sunlight


Dogs on the hillside

Beautiful Sadie

Little Princess Belle being snooty!!!

And since Allie is draped across my arms, between me and the screen while I try to type this, I think she is saying that she is fed up with all the pictures of "drooly dogs" and demands equal time. So here, though not a morning shot, is my Allie:

Allie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet Allie - she is beautiful.

Looks like you have more than one "princess"?!

Sharon

Jean said...

Sharon, around here I have 6 princesses and 11 princes - and I am lackey to all of them!!!
But Belle has perfected the princess role - she outperforms them all with her royal airs!!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice to be back on line after our computer went toes up. O'Bear and I found we really missed the blog -both the critter stories and the philosophy.

Tell Allie her picture doesn't do her justice so you'll have to put another one on. How are Scotch and Soda? Is she still somewhat tempermental or is that badtempered and is Scotch still the laid back gentleman?

hey -after the yawning episode with the piglets who knows what communicating you may be able to do.

Big Sis and O'Bear

Jean said...

Hi Big Sis and O'Bear, welcome back!
Allie didn't feel like cooperating for another picture but I have told her we need a better one that shows her beautiful peach colours and sleek body. She says she will think about it.
Scotch is still the kind gentleman, though he gets a bit snarky with the piglets if they steal cookies he thinks were intended for him.
As for Miss Princess Piggy aka Soda - yup, still as, um, tempermental as ever. She says it is her right to be so, she claims she has an "artistic temperment" - she is a wee bit theatrical methinks.