Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Oystercatchers

I had never seen oystercatchers until I moved to the island.  They amuse me with their very long, very orange beaks, their waddling walk in which they often flip their long feet up at the toes, and their funny call like a child's tin whistle.  They remind me of clowns - the kind that made me laugh as a kid, not the kind that seem to terrify people today (though I will never understand why).

Usually they fly away before I can get anywhere near close enough to photograph them.  But today, as Maggie and I wandered the beach - Maggie searching for ducks (her latest passion), me enjoying the beauty around me - the oystercatchers seemed quite content to have us nearby. 

You keep watch that way; I'll keep watch this! 

C'mon, Louise, let's go for a stroll! 

Shall we go walk to the cafe for a little breakfast?

You're heading the wrong way if you want to go to the cafe, George! 

Oh for fish sake, NOW what did I say wrong?


 I had a little fun with a mirroring tool on my photoediting program:

She: I'm sorry. 
He: I'm sorry, too.
Kiss and make up! 

Always hold wings and look both ways before crossing the ocean! 

No comments: