Monday, August 1, 2011

A little patch of dirt and a few good friends

I went to visit my friend Karen-of-many-dogs yesterday. I took a ton of photos, some of which will appear over the next few days. But for today, there's a story to be told, a story of a few of Karen's dogs and a little patch of dirt. And it needs very few words. Enjoy!


This is Amie

And this is Quinn, who was enjoying this little patch of dirt.....


until he came over to say hi to me.....



and Dolly went over to check out his spot.


"Oh boy! A nice soft place to dig!"

And along comes Amie.....


"That's a nice hole, Dolly.  Could ya make it even deeper?"


"Sure. Amie.  How deep should I make it?"



"This is pretty much perfect!"
 

"Hey, where'd my friends go?"

"That's better - Quinn, Vimy and Dolly!  Um, Quinn, yer butt is in my face!"

"Oh well, what's a little butt among friends?"


The perfect summer afternoon: a little patch of dirt and a few good friends


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

No kidding, no words needed! Now that was just priceless!

E.

Duchess Sammy said...

HAH! That's an awsome patch of dirt. It's a perfect size for a cooling spot. Well dug out!
Duchess S. & The Royals

Black Jack's Carol said...

Thanks for a good chuckle this morning, Jean. Great photos and captions. I've seen dogs dig, but that has to be the excavation of the century.

EvenSong said...

I don't think Amie has reason to com;lain about Quinn's posterior--after all, it was HIS pile of dirt to begin with! Cute!

Unknown said...

Great photos! I know a few dogs who would like to get in on this :)

sonia a. mascaro said...

Great photos!
Looks all them had a great time with good friends.

Cathy, CHe and Jeepers said...

Totally charming!

Jen said...

Great pics! LOVE it!! I have a couple diggers in my home too (Spike, Murphy and actually Moose the foster too) but they've never quite dug down that far yet! :)

Happy Wednesday!

Jen and the Black Dog Crew

Anonymous said...

Well I see they don't need lessons from Tanner. They are doing quite well themselves.LOL

Else

Janice Gillett said...

That dog must of been a pig in his previous life!