Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sunday Morning Sunrise


Though there is another story to tell, the story behind my being wide awake enough to capture this Sunday morning sunrise, it will keep. For now, suffice it to say there are times when one just has to be thankful for dogs who wake their humans early. Enjoy!







The photos were all taken from my backyard. I pondered running down to the beach to capture the sunrise on the water (I only have a bit of an ocean view from my backyard), but decided to stay put, in my pjs and bare feet, rather than miss a moment of it. Imagine my surprise when I downloaded the photos and saw what looked like the waves on the ocean:


A layer of cloud, between land and sunrise, created a beautiful ocean-like scene. 

Perhaps tomorrow morning, I'll walk down to the beach at sunrise.







6 comments:

Caroline said...

I thought you were on the beach as well!
Thank you for sharing this magical moment with us, I was able to sleep in and still experience the beauty!

All I can say is WOW!

Anonymous said...

Wow is right! Fabulous photos and what a way to welcome Sunday.

Ellen

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful sunrise. I'm sorry I slept throught it.

Dom said...

Beautiful.

Black Jack's Carol said...

I was, like the others, certain that I was viewing the ocean at sunrise, Jean. What a neat effect! And, it was fun to imagine you in your pj's, capturing the moment. For some reason, my present location provides some beautiful sunsets but I haven't found the perfect spot to catch sunrises. Thanks for this, and know my best thoughts are with you as you continue to provide superb care for Charley, Sadie, Pepper and Allie, prepare for the Turtle Garden reunion. and campaign for better conditions for animals in your neighbourhood and beyond.

Funder said...

Fabulous sunrise! We haven't had any clouds lately for a good sunrise or sunset. Yours fills that little hole in my life :)