Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Happy Gotcha Day, Maggie!

Happy Gotcha Day, Maggie!  Five years ago today we signed the adoption papers at Langley Animal Protection Society (LAPS) and you and I became family.  

Meeting Maggie for the first time - May, 2017


Together we've explored beaches,





Hiked together,


Checked out many parks,




Watched the seasons change, 



 





And enjoyed sunsets together.




We're both growing old together.  You're no longer able to do hikes, but you sure enjoy being taken to parks and beaches.


The stumps you climb are shorter and flatter now.  Come to think of it, so are my hikes!




Your fur is whiter, like my hair, and you don't hear as well or see as well as you once did - but neither do I. 

Will these glasses help me, Mama?


You strain my finances and sometimes my patience, but repay me a thousand-fold with love, laughter, companionship. 





I love you, sweet Maggie.  I'm so glad I gotcha! 💗







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic photos as usual.. Maggie is so photogenic... Have an awesome day you two.... M

LAPS Staff said...

All of us at LAPS are so incredibly happy and excited to see how Maggie has been doing. Thank you for giving this beautiful lady a place to see the world through adventures and love.

Marie said...

How well I remember the time Maggie came to live with you and a happy time that was and continues to be. That shy little girl had lots of adventures ahead and little did you all know the changes and wonderful life ahead of her and you.
Beautiful pictures and lots of memories for all of us who know and love you both.
Have a great day and get a little walk to the ocean in today, what better way to celebrate five wonderful years.

Mark said...

Wow 5 years already.Time certainly flies faster as you get older, I never used to believe it, but now I am "older" it's true.Great pictures as always.
I have tried to comment on a couple of your previous posts, after the capture it goes nowhere and the comment box is blank.
Happy trails.
Mark, Del & Lady May

Mark said...

Wow 5 years already.Time certainly flies faster as you get older, I never used to believe it, but now I am "older" it's true.Great pictures as always.
I have tried to comment on a couple of your previous posts, after the capture it goes nowhere and the comment box is blank.
Happy trails.
Mark, Del & Lady May.

Sorry if you get this more than once.