Sunday, June 5, 2022

A few photos from last week

 The days seem to be getting away from me - as is my energy - and by evening I'm too tired to blog.  So here's just a few of my favourite photos from this past week, lest you think I've forgotten you. 

Bee in flower at Craig Bay Heritage Park

A crowd of what seem to be white daffodils at Parksville Community Park



A very young eagle - they were only about 15" tall and appeared to be this year's hatch, though it is still early for them to fledge.  There was a young adult supervising from a nearby rock, chatting and encouraging as the youngster looked for tidbits to eat.  The young adult was twice the height of this one but hadn't yet earned his white head.  

I haven't forgotten about all the hundreds of eagle photos of the past month.  There are stories to tell!  This is one of a series that I haven't written up yet, but will get to it soon!



And we finally had a day that was warm enough for a long walk on Eaglecrest Beach, paddling in the water and soaking up the sun. Doesn't Maggie look happy?

2 comments:

Marie said...

Hi, Jean, lovely photos and Maggie always looks happy! She's a happy girl!
I understand being too tired to blog, just let us know you're still there. Happy Days!

Faunadael said...

Maggie does look happy! And it always makes me happy to spend a bit of time looking at your photos and reading about your life with the critters, both domestic and wild. Thanks for sharing them!

~ Christine