Thursday, December 31, 2009

Wednesday Walk

Yesterday was rainy and since Crofton dogs dissolve in the rain, we decided against a walk of any length. But by early afternoon there was only a fine drizzle and so we met in the fields at the top of Osborne Bay offleash park to let the dogs run around for a bit.





Treat time!



We were joined by two dogs you've not seen here before. There was Teddy, who lives with one of the volunteers at the SPCA and is being doggy-sat by my friend Else....


Hi Mom! I'm havin' lots of FUN!


...and Chi Ki who lives with Mary and my favourite bulldogge, Tarben. Chi Ki was awaiting surgery, and then recovering from it, and so has not been on our walks during the six months I've been here. But now she's baaaaaaccckkkk..... and what a character she is!






I took lots of photos but as I'm still trying to figure out focus and exposure with the new camera, I discarded most of them. I did use the continuous setting to take a series of Teddy with one of the wolfhounds, and from that series couldn't resist adding captions to these two:


Maybe if I play dead, he won't eat me!



Let's play hide and seek. I'll cover my eyes and count while you go find a place to hide. One..two...three.....


And lastly, I love this shot of red berries on a rain-soaked tree taken with the zoom lens from about 200 feet away: (Note: Click on photo to get the full impact, then use back browser to return to the blog).



It is the last day of 2009. Have a safe and happy New Year's Eve.

4 comments:

Janice Gillett said...

Now there are the picture taking shots we are are used to seeing!!

Wwesome Jean, Happy New Year everyone!!!

When a Problem Comes Along, You Must Whippet... said...

I'm thinking that this camera is "the one"!

Great photos Jean.

Sheryl said...

I agree. They're baaaack! The gorgeous photos, that is!

Black Jack's Carol said...

Jean, I love, love, LOVE that red berry shot. Also, the two Chi Ki ones. You have found your camera! Great post. Happy New Year!