Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A good morning laugh

On Global TV yesterday, the noon news had their customary "Adopt-A-Pet" feature, in which the BC SPCA brings in an animal or two in need of a home. Usually the segment is quite low-key - interesting talk, cute animal, segment over. Yesterday's segment, however, took a slightly different twist - and one to which I'm sure most of us who have been involved with shelter /rescue animals can well relate.

You can see the video here (I do hope the link stays active for a while - though I'm sure it won't be long before it is immortalized on Youtube!): http://news.globaltv.com/canada/Must+watch+Adopt/1882279/story.html

This was just too funny not to share - Enjoy!

(Hmmmm...edited to add: The link works, but the video didn't run when I tried it. You might need to click on the story on the right of the screen. There is a commercial first, and then you will see the feature. I promise you, it is worth it!)

7 comments:

sobe said...

I saw it and laughed till I almost fell off the couch!
Loved seeing the Pitty breed being represented in it's true glory! Reminds me of the old pitty we meet on our walks, tail-always-a-waggin-, huge smiley face and if she could, she'd kiss you till you begged for mercy.

I liked the Shepherd cross too, young fella full of life, wanting to play.

They sure showed themselves off beautifully and I hope they get adopted soon!

Anonymous said...

LOL!! How hilarious is that?!!! What wonderful dogs. Thanks for a morning chuckle!

Deb S. et al

Black Jack's Carol said...

My neighbors will be sending someone to check if I'm okay. I howled at that video, until tears ran down my face. Just when I was managing to calm down, it would get even funnier. I could hear everyone in the studio just killing themselves. Still in the middle of my Telus conflict (waiting on call #6 on the matter), this couldn't have come with more perfect timing. Thank you, Jean! Hope it will be okay to provide a link back to your blog from mine. By the way, if you click the little "play" icon at the bottom left, rather than the big one in the middle, it works just fine. Oh, and ditto sobe's comment about hoping both dogs get adopted soon!

Anonymous said...

I saw that - we should all be lucky enough to have so many luvin's laid on us by a 4-legged, especially one that doesn't know us!

Hope a wonderful home finds you soon, sweet Ginger - and also I wish for a good home for the frisky and very handsome GSD boy!

Sharon

Sherri said...

Thanks for posting that Jean! It totally made my day. Is there anything more lovable than a pitty puppy?

Janice Gillett said...

LOL What a hoot and here she is sayign what a quiet good natured dog .. lOL And yes the pit was a love and it was fantastic to know so many will see what mushes they are.

Anonymous said...

I didn't see the update on yesterday noon new but my partner said that Ginger had over 500 applications on her to adopt. It didn't say anything about the GSD boy.

Else