Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Oh piggies - 13 years old today!


The piglets who were in a large part the inspiration for starting this blog are THIRTEEN today!  THIRTEEN! How can that be? 

Oh piggies....I watched you being born and fostered you and your parents for the first two years of your life.  It's hard to believe you are thirteen now, and both your parents (Scotch and Soda) have passed on. 
Clockwise: Babies on their birthday;  Whisper with his blankie that he tore from a larger one and placed over his own back;  Blue-eyed baby;  Fizzy posing for the camera at about 3 months. 


Who knew that when the SPCA seized your parents from a life of neglect and abuse and asked Hearts on Noses Sanctuary to take them in (who in turn asked me to foster the TWO pigs), that there were all those babies waiting in the wings - or the belly - to be born just two or three weeks later.  What a ride that was!  You brought me so much laughter in so many ways.

Belle, one of my shelties at that time, watching over the piglets. 


Toddy and his magical tail having fun in a pool.


Fostering you was one of the best times of my life.  I've visited you whenever I could, and I hope to visit you again once Covid is less of a threat where you live. 

Treats for my babies, during a visit to Hearts on Noses a few years ago.

RobRoy hoping the door to the feedroom will open


Happy thirteenth birthday, Whisper, RobRoy, Tom, Lizzie, Derby, Toddy, Swizzle, Fizzy, Rickey, and Spritzer.  May you have many more happy and safe years ahead.

Feasting on watermelon during a visit to the sanctuary.

3 comments:

CarolineA said...

Has it been that long already? I remember coming over to see the piglets and watching them run around and having fun. Blogs of you preparing the hot breakfast every morning, singing to Scotch, seems like yesterday.

Marie said...

It's nice to see that the piglets have had a wonderful life, thanks to people like you and others.

Sheryl said...

What a trip down memory lane. I used to absolutely love your Blogs about the piggies. Good Times.

I'm glad to hear the "babies" are all still going strong. RIP Scotch and Soda.