Wednesday, January 5, 2011

An Update on Lucy

Lucy Lou is doing well! I heard from her new mama today, and she says Lucy is settling in nicely. She has already found her favourite playmate - her mama's best friend's dog - who she'll be seeing lots and lots of. Lucy has decided the daughter's bed is just the right place to sleep, which makes young Kaia very happy indeed!

So far, the only real mischief Lucy has gotten into is stealing the cat's food - including sneaking downstairs in the middle of the night for a midnight snack. Now that made me laugh - it is sooooo Lucy. They have solved the problem by moving the catfood up higher where she can't reach it. Hopefully the kitties aren't too annoyed with the change.

So, all in all, Lucy is off to a good start. Of course, when a dog changes homes there is often a "honeymoon" period as they figure out their place in the pack and get a sense of who the other "pack" members are - both two legged and four legged members. I certainly saw many changes in Lucy's personality and behaviour during the months she was with me, and it has been my experience that adopters often don't really get to know their dog's true personality until three to six months later. I look forward to future updates on Lucy Lou as she continues to settle in.

I apologize for the lack of posts the past several days. Now that my household is back to 'normal' (if there is any such thing!), I'm catching up on a number of tasks that have been on hold. I'm also heading to the mainland for five days next week, with a new petsitter coming to look after Charley, Sadie and Allie, so I'm trying to get organized for that. I have several blog post ideas (and rough drafts) and some photos to post too and will try to get some up tomorrow - but as the song says,


Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
I love ya Tomorrow!
You're always
A day
A way!

3 comments:

EvenSong said...

This is super news! It's good to know you prepared her well for her new life.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that Lucy is settling in.

Else

Louise said...

I have read a couple tragic animal abuse stories the past couple days on other blogs, I needed to read yours and see a happy update on Lucy and put a smile back on my face!