Thursday, February 10, 2022

A Not-So-Exciting Week, by Maggie

Hi everyone.  It's me, Maggie.  Not much going on this week.  We went to the beach a few times.  Mama sez I have to get my 'beach fix' topped up because soon it will be closed to dogs for Two Whole Months while the Brant geese fatten themselves up before continuing their flight north.  I think that sucks.  I is always on leash, so how the heck am I gonna chase them?  They should just ban off leash dogs. Oh. Wait.  Off leash dogs are already banned on the beach, but every day we see tons of dogs off leash there.  I guess their owners can't read. So we all get booted off the beach fer two months. 

So not fair!


Anyway, as I said, we haz gone to the beach whenever the tide was out far enough in the daytime.  But that has mostly been in the afternoon, so we didn't see eagles or herons feeding - too late for breakfast and too early for dinner I guess.  That doesn't seem to stop the gulls - they are like me, they can eat any time at all. 




This gull was turning himself upside down to eat! 



 We saw some duckies too.  I likes duckies.  But Mama won't let me chase them.  These ones were swimming and eating, and eating while swimming. 





But mostly we saw gulls.  All kinds of gulls, but Mama doesn't know their names.  Do you know why seagulls are found in the ocean?  Because if they were found in the bay, they would be baygulls.  Get it?  Bagels!  HAHAHAHAHA.  Well, I thought it was funny.  

Here's some more photos of the baygulls.....er, seagulls....eating.  This one was kneading the wet sand, sort of like someone smushing grapes with their feet to make wine.  Except the gull just wanted to stir up the goodies and grab a snack or two or three.  It was kinda neat to watch.





Well, see, I said it wasn't such an exciting week.  Just gulls. And ducks. And more gulls.  And, of course, little old me.  Now Mama sez it is 'way past my bedtime, and she's going hiking tomorrow so she needs her shut-eye and I have to get off the computer.  See ya again soon! 



Bye from the gull too! Ha ha. 


2 comments:

CarolineA said...

Maggie you made me laugh! You are such a silly girl!
Your beach adventure may look boring in pictures but I bet there were a lot of good sniffs.

Marie said...

Hi, Maggie, so nice to hear from you and to realize your thoughts. I thought you were really funny with regard to the baygulls (bagels, hahahaha) Not everyone has such a good sense of humour. No matter if there is little to see, you always find something to laugh and enjoy.
It's a good thing there's lots of parks and hiking trails around there that Mommy will take you on so the two week ban from the beach will just fly like a seagull away! Hugs and pats,Marie