Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Our little visitor

It was going to be a lazy day on Monday - I had a few errands I could run, but the weather was iffy (rain, stop, rain, stop, rain, stop) so I didn't plan any great adventure with Maggie and figured I'd mostly just putter around the house.  And then the phone rang. 

A woman who lives in a nearby condo, someone I only know as I see her often while walking the dog, had been awoken at 7:45 to a fire alarm - a very, very loud fire alarm with a very, very high pitch.  How do I know? Because it was ringing while she was on the phone with me.  Ye-ouch!

But not to worry - there was no fire.  The condo was going through some fire inspection which was going to take all day, with the alarms going off every 20-30 minutes as the inspectors went into every unit to test and adjust them.  The problem was that the noise terrorized a certain little dog who was at that moment quivering in her furry little boots. 

Fortunately, we had exchanged phone numbers for emergency help with our dogs.  So.....could Capri, a sweet 12 year old bichon frise (like my Mitzi - remember her?), could Capri come and spend the day with me?  

Well, now you tell me - could you resist spending a day with this little floofball?


I sure couldn't!  And Maggie didn't mind.  Capri was an excellent guest.  She checked out each room, tested each of Maggie's dog beds, settled on the one by the fireplace for the morning, then decided my recliner gave her a better sight line to wherever I was.  


We had a little walk about noon, then she curled up on my lap in the recliner while I read for the rest of the day until it was time for her to go home. 


Thanks for the visit, Capri!  See you again soon. 

2 comments:

CarolineA said...

What an enjoyable way to spend the day for all of you!

Marie said...

Well, that was an exciting day, unexpected but I'm sure it was enjoyed by all.
Marie