Friday, January 14, 2022

I'm such a tease!

 Today, my friend and I went hiking for the first time in several weeks.  We had a great walk/hike at Neck Point Park, Nanaimo.  We saw eagles and sea lions and deer and cormorants and harlequin ducks and then.....we saw something that kept us spellbound for an hour.  I took 398 photos, grinning broadly the whole time.  

I will post tomorrow with the story of the hike and especially  of the surprise encounter.  For now, I will leave you with this teaser.  I've edited out the background.  But I'll give you a hint:  it brought out the inner child in me and the several dozen other adults that happened to chance upon it.  And this was just one of of many. And it's bigger than a bread basket - MUCH bigger.  There, that's three hints.



3 comments:

CarolineA said...

Whales!

Jean said...

Sorry, CarolineA - While whales have often been seen from this point over the past several months, that wasn't our surprise encounter.

Marie said...

Oh, Man, I'm older than dirt so don't make me wait too long to know the surprise!
Marie