Saturday, September 1, 2018

Some people buy shoes....

September is here, and that means it's my birthday.  Some people buy themselves a little gift - a pair of shoes, a new shirt or maybe just some chocolates.  Me? I go big!  I bought myself a new home! 

Yesterday, we removed the last of the subjects from both the sale of this home and the purchase of my new one, so I start this month with a long, long list of things to do.  The whole process - from listing to selling to buying to clearing subjects - took just ten days.  It is a hot market here. Moving day is just six weeks away.

I highly recommend this young man if you are thinking of
buying or selling on the island.
Motivated, great marketing skills, stays calm under pressure
(even when his client isn't!) 

I'll explain more about why and where in another post, but Maggie will give you this hint for now - no, it's not Saratoga (her all-time favourite beach where we went last spring), but it's only an hour from there, and our new home is just two blocks from her second favourite beach.


This was two weeks ago, at the peak of vacation season -
lots of space on the beach!

Some people buy shoes for their birthday, I buy myself a home near a big sandy beach for my dog.

5 comments:

CarolineA said...

Happy birthday and congrats on selling and buying your old house and your new place. Very exciting!

Marie said...

How wonderful, Jean, Congratulations!!! I'm pretty sure I know what city it is in and I'm so anxious to hear all about your new home. I just bet that Maggie is very excited as well. Lots of work, physically and mentally with getting ready to move.
Again, Congratulations and Best Wishes.

Mark said...

Happy Birthday Jean, I hope you will be very happy in your new home.I hope that Realtor made sure they were not planning on building an ugly condo unit to block your view in this house, unlike your current house. I bet you will be amazed at how much "stuff" you have managed to collect over the years, if I hear of a yard sale in Crofton I will guess it's you LOL.
Good Luck.
Mark

Jean said...

Mark, no ocean view from this new one, not even a glimpse, but we'll see lots of beautiful sunrises on our morning walks. As for 'stuff', I've been steadily reducing my belongings for the last two years, so still undecided on a yard sale for the last of it (now that I know where I'm going and when) - some furniture, garden stuff and some tools. Might just sell the bigger priced items via our local facebook buy and sell group, and donate the rest to the thrift store. Yard sales are sooooo much work and I don't have a garage so can't set it out ahead of time or leave the unsold stuff in there at the end of the day when I'm exhausted. Not to mention a very barky "get away from my property" dog!

Sheryl said...

Congratulations on your new home and Happy Birthday.

Moving is a chore no matter what. I hope it goes well.