Friday, August 8, 2014

It's WORLD CAT DAY!

Why has no one  wished me a Happy World Cat Day?
Sent presents?
Given me treats?

By Allie

Yes, you heard me.  It is World Cat Day.   You wouldn't know it around here though.  The person who used to write this blog seems to have disappeared from Blogland.  She's still around the house though - just moaning and groaning about the heat, taking long naps, growing weeds (no, not weed, you ninny - WEEDS - the stuff that chokes out the flowers and vegetables!).....oh, and walking the dumb dogs at some undogly time of the morning before the day gets too hot. 

Who in their right mind goes for a walk
at 6:00 AM?

As for me?  I like the heat.  I lazzzzze around in the sunbeams (when dumb human doesn't have the blinds closed so tightly that not a ray of sunshine can get in).  I eat. I sleep.  I play.  Eat. Sleep. Play.  Isn't there a book with a title like that?  By Elizabeth Catbert or something?

EAT
SLEEP
PLAY!

Anyway, in honor of World Cat Day, I'm writing the blog. Because lazy people and lazy dogs around here ain't gonna do it. You can bet it will be different on World Dog Day.  Which is coming up on August 26th.  What a lot of nonsense - every day is a dog's day. It's a dog's life.  In this dog eat dog world, you can be as sick as a dog or be meaner than a junkyard dog or be dog tired or be a dirty dog, and you can work like a dog (which, if the dogs around here are any example, means doin' nothing!) or drink the hair of the dog or look like the dog's breakfast, but at the end of the day, if you lie down with dogs you'll get up with fleas! So there!  And still they celebrate World Dog Day.  Go figure. 

Ohgawd,  what is the world coming to,
that dogs should need their very own day!
Every day is their day.  



So I'm gonna let the cat out of the bag (though I'd like to know what mean person stuffed him in there in the first place!) and make sure everyone of you knows this:  TODAY IS WORLD CAT DAY.   So grin like a Cheshire cat, and walk right up to that dog of yours (yes, I know you have one - or two or three or ten), look that silly fuzzface in the eye, make like the cat that ate the canary, and tell the dogs of the world that 

CATS RULE, DOGS DROOL! 

We rule, and don'tcha forget it!

And you can tell them that ALLIE SAYS SO!  If it is on the blog, it must be true!

Is she done yet?

9 comments:

Zazie Todd, PhD, for Companion Animal Psychology said...

Happy World Cat Day Allie! Thank you for taking the time to write a blog, I have been missing your person's posts. I love all the photos but especially the one at the top that captures that wonderful expression!

Anonymous said...

Oh Jean, that was too funny! I do miss having a cat around. Nice to 'have you back'...barb

CarolineA said...

Happy World Cat Day Allie! You crack me up!

Anonymous said...

Happy World Cat Day to you Allie.
I agree Cats Rule, Dogs drool. tanner reminds me of that every day.
See food he drools. What a disgusting creature.

Love Hilly. Auntie E's cat.

Sheryl said...

Oh, Allie. I am so sorry - I missed World Cat Day. Shame on me! I hope you don't mind receiving Best World Cat Day Wishes a day late!

johndpickard@gmail.com said...

Glad to see you back again Jean even if Allie had to write the blog! I missed you!
Aileen

Brigid said...

A belated Happy World Cat Day, Allie - specially to a gal with heaps of tortietude.
From your admirers, Kissa the torbie and grey peg-leg Peggy

Black Jack's Carol said...

My apologies as well for missing World Cat Day, Allie, but you please tell that wonderful human of yours that she took some mighty fine photos of you to celebrate the occasion. As for all of your hilarious takes on dogs and their days, I'll be laughing for a while to come. Perhaps, if things get boring at home, you could take up stand-up comedy :)

Anonymous said...

WORLD CAT DAY... Love it.
Wendy