Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Four years ago today...

(c) 2021 Jean Ballard


Happy Gotcha Day (or Adoptaversary Day as some call it) to my sweet, funny, beach-loving Maggie! Four years ago today I signed your adoption papers at Langley Animal Protection Society (LAPS), and we began our life together.
This year has been a bit challenging for you as you dealt with a mast cell tumour, problems with your hock joints, and a few other issues, but we got through it. You decided to be a night-time cuddle bug, you discovered you love massages, you adjusted to monthly cartrophen shots and daily meds for your joint issues, you became much less reactive to other dogs you meet out walking, you deal well with canine visitors to our house (not so much human ones still!😁), and you like to visit the neighbours when we open the barriers between our yards.
You are my best friend, my companion, my love. Happy Gotcha Day, my sweet Mags! 💕💕💕

3 comments:

CarolineA said...

Four years ago you came into all our lives due to your mom's blogging and pictures. We all marveled at watching you blossom and we learned you are very photogenic.
We discovered there is something about the beach that brings out the puppy in you and we laughed at your standing on rocks and wishing you had a duck friend.
Happy Gotcha day Maggie, you entertain a lot of us and we can't wait to see more!

Marie said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Jean and Maggie, it works both ways you know! I ditto all of the above commentator's words for sure.
I've so enjoyed reading about all your antics and not so good fears and hearing that you've overridden most of them.
How well I remember meeting you one time and how you were so shy and how I wanted to cuddle your sweet head.
My Sparkle is living the good life still on the farm in the country and I was very happy to be able to visit her on Sunday for the first time in nearly a year, what a reunion that was!
we're both getting older but we still remember the good times and the love of two old girls.
Take care, both of you and be safe in the coming days, weeks and months.

Sheryl said...

What a lovely, sweet "Gotcha Day" post. Thanks for this happy story.