Thursday, December 27, 2018

Who's a good dog?

I am! I am! Okay, Mama always tells me I'm a good dog,  but I know mamas have to say that, and the real test is if Santa thinks so too.  And he does! He does! He brought me prezzies!

I'm a good dog! 

When I woke up Christmas morning, I went to the kitchen for my breakfast, and then while Mama was making her coffee I ambled into the living room, and WHOA - sniff, sniff, sniff - SUMBODY LEFT TREATS AND STUFF IN MY STOCKING! And I know it was Santa, because he even left his hat full of stuff for me!

Snuffle snuffle snuffle

Ohhh....Santa left his hat with presents in it too!
I told Mama my stocking was kinda small! 

My mama heard me snufflin' around, but she was waiting fer the coffee, so I took a chew stick out of the stocking and carried it to the kitchen door to show mama.  Then I dropped it and sat like a good girl until Mama said I could eat it.  She didn't even have to tell me to sit or drop it. Mama was quite amazed with my restraint.  But she didn't have the camera in the kitchen so didn't get a photo of me being extra-special-good.

Then mama helped me check out the rest of the gifts.  I got more treats (dried sardines - yum! and Mini Zukes) and a new Gulpy water bottle that is smaller than my big summertime one, perfect for little walks and winter hikes. And I got a flashy new necklace that glows bright red (and even lights up my furs) for our evening walks.  My little red light that clips on my harness was too small and kept getting buried in fur, but this one, called Nite Howl, is terrific and everyone we meet comments on it.  You can only just see it in this picture, cause it was daytime, but it glows really, really brightly in the night.


My Nite Howl collar even turns all my white ruff pink
when we walk at night! 

I also got a new Outward Hound Fun Feeder - it's the purple dish in the pictures.  It's smaller than my big orange feeder bowl, and not quite as hard for me to get stuff from.  I like it! (Mama does too, because it isn't as difficult to wash).  And my favourite gift from Mama was a Kong Quest.  See that green toy?  Mama can put treats in here and I wobble it to get them out.  AND it is one of the few toys mama can put my raw food into for play time (cuz sometimes when my allergies are really bad, that's all I can have till they clear up).

Wibble wobble, wibble wobble.
Gotta get this dried sardine outta here! 

After we checked out all the presents, we went for a long, long walk all along the beach.  The tide was in, so there was no sand for me but we went as far as we could go, and then all around town.  It was a very nice morning.  Then we went home and snacked and mama read and yakked on the phone and we had a nice lazy day.

I hope you had a nice Christmas Day and all your dogs and cats and birds and piggies and other critters got something from Santa and  you got to spend time with the peoples/critters you love.

Love , Maggie.  XX00XX


2 comments:

Marie said...

Maggie, I'm so happy that you had such a nice Christmas and got so many wonderful presents. My friend Sandi told me that Sparkle, who is living at her farm, had a nice Christmas also. I really miss her but she is happy there with all her friends, Brew, Kono, Annie and the kitties, not forgetting the chickens and horses.
Please give your Mommy a big Happy New Year hug for me and keep some for yourself.

CarolineA said...

Maggie, you are the best dog ever! Santa really spoiled you