Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Photo Interlude

Crofton Lake

While I sit here missing the Wednesday Walk and watching Charley (who is resting comfortably and wondering why I am starving her to death), I figured I would put up some of the photos of the past few days. I was going to weave them into a story, but EvenSong assures me I don't have to wax poetic in order to post photos. Besides, pictures of happy dogs and of nature help keep me centred and lower my stress level. And posting pics is waaaaay more fun than cleaning house or weeding gardens.

On Thursday, several of us took our dogs up to Crofton Lake and then returned via the long route down. This was the first time I'd done this longer hike, and it was a delight (well, except when Sadie took off into the bush and didn't return for a looooong three or four minutes while I called and called and called!). The whole area was covered with masses of white daisies and yellow dandelions, and through the trees one could see all the way to the ocean.


Field of Flowers

Field of Flowers 2

From Trail to Ocean

Daisies and Dandelions

The Whippet Boyz and Sadie

Wet Wolfhound Kisses

View from the Trail

View from the Trail 2

View from the Trail 3

On Sunday, Else and I took Archie and Tess, Sadie and Charley out to Swallowfield where Archie and Tess enjoyed a swim, while Sadie cheered them on, Charley checked out the surrounding area, and Else and I watched a pair of geese with their newly hatched goslings.

Tess and her Stick

Swallowfield Serenity

Pink and Green

Happy Sadie

Geese with Goslings

Archie

Turkey Vulture in Flight

Maple Tree Growing in Rock

Tess

Tess on Diving Rock

Charley

Bloomin' Bushes


Later Sunday evening, Ellen and I took the dogs for a walk on the beach near my home. Kinley wasn't too sure about those wet salty waves!

Are you sure it's safe?


The day ended with the setting sun washing the shoreline with gold.

Log at Sunset

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

missed your post yest. come on Charley girl the medicine goes in you, not on you. positive prayers for the girl, Jean, and for you also, thank doG you have dog sense, and can ferret out the good vets from the not so good.
Ellen, I hope the Boyz, get better soon.
if theres anything...
Kate and the Mutts

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday Oliver !!
Chase & I send you kisses & hugs, even though you don't like big hugs. This is great day for your birthday,fireworks and a holiday for a very special boy !!

Jean said...

Ohhhhhhhh, Oliver's other mom!!! I didn't know it was Oliver's real birthday today - I only know his Gotcha Day (the day he came to live with me)!
Thank you thank you for that info -Oliver must be 15 today?
Oliver sends one of his most sweetly soulful gazes to you and Chase, which is, I think, his form of a hug!