Tuesday, June 30, 2009

You'd think.....

You’d think now that I’m retired I’d have MORE time to write and photograph and blog. Ha!

Maybe it’s just that I’m still unpacking, still hanging pictures and rearranging furniture and shopping for those little things one always seems to need when one moves to a new place.

Maybe it’s just that I’m exploring new trails and making new friends and greeting old friends and getting into a new routine (or, rather, a new lack-of-routine).

Maybe it’s just that I’m busy finding new health care professionals (canine and human), getting involved in a local movement to end the use of the gas box in this area for the euthanization of cats (more on that in another post), and checking out B&Bs for an overflow of visitors this summer.

Maybe it’s just that I’m still closely watching the critters as they adjust to a new environment – especially Oliver, little lost soul, who is finally settling in as long as I don’t rearrange or change anything, and Charley, who got very very sick after (I think) injesting something she shouldn’t while the other dogs were swimming and playing at Swallowfield.

Whatever the reason, I touch base with my computer about twice a day now – in the morning when I have four furry faces watching me, waiting for their walks, and in the evening when I’m too pooped to ponder and again have four furry faces watching me, waiting for their walks.

In between, it is go, go, go. The dozens of photos from a hike with friends and dogs (including Ellen and the whippet boyz) at Crofton Lake, and of flowers and dogs at Swallowfield, and of sunsets and sunrises and funny cats and silly dogs.....well, they are waiting on my computer to be woven together into a more interesting and entertaining post than this one. Stay tuned.

Retirement – when you finally get to do all the things you’ve always wanted to do, and discover there still just aren’t enough hours in the day!

2 comments:

EvenSong said...

You don't have to be entertaining to post beautiful photos!

Sorry about Charley--hope he's doing better.

I would LOVE to have that retirement quandary! My summer vacation is going something like that...

Anonymous said...

You got that right Jean. I've never been as busy as since my (paid) working days were over.
Fingers crossed for Charley.

Else