Thursday, March 23, 2017

Happy National Puppy Day!

Apparently today is National Puppy Day, and on facebook many of my friends are posting photos of their dogs when the dogs were just pups.

I haven't had a pup for eons, as I have adopted only older dogs for the past eleven years.  Some blog readers will remember two dogs I had as pups:  Charley, the border collie/rough collie cross who passed away in 2011; and Emma, a yellow lab who is still going strong at 12 years of age and who lives with my ex.

Charley, age 3 months, 1997-2011

Emma, age 3 months, born 2004


But since all the dogs I've adopted since then have been older (Caleb, Eddie, Sadie, Belle, Shyloh, Oliver and Mitzi - have I forgotten anyone?),  and since this is -in Bloggerland - also called "Throwback Thursday", it seems appropriate to post a photo of a large crew of puppies with whom some readers will be familiar - The Butternut Squash Gang.  I fostered them, along with their mama Lucy Loo (who looked just like a butternut squash when she was pregnant)  for the Cowichan and District SPCA.  They became the focus of this blog, and of my life, for four months back in the fall of 2010.  Enjoy the memories!


1 comment:

Sheryl said...

They were a great little family! Have you ever heard how Lucy is doing?