Wednesday, July 15, 2009

An "oops" and some updates

Oops. In my post about Paws for a Cause, it seems the link to the home page was more prevalent than the link to my personal page, so some donors mistakenly donated to the general campaign when they meant to be sponsoring me. So....if you made a donation but did NOT get a personal thank you from me, please let me know by emailing me at the contact on the side of this blog, and I'll let you know how to correct it.

And to update - the response to my request for sponsors has been wonderful - and in fact I met my goal within a couple of days and have some offline donations coming in as well. I really didn't have a clue what to set as a goal, and so I have now doubled it to $400. (I promise, when I reach that goal I will quit bugging you - at least, about the walk!). So far, in monies received, offline donations and pledges pending, I am at $345. No amount is too small - every penny helps the animals. To sponsor Sadie and me for the walk, please click on this link HERE. You can also contact me via email if you wish to send a donation by snail mail.

In other updates - Charley seems to have fully recovered (with the exception of the liquid poops yesterday, but Sensitive Tummy Charley gets that from time to time. I'm betting Big Sis snuck her some tasty treat when I wasn't looking this weekend!). In fact, Charley is now checking out a new groomer and will hopefully come back squeeky clean and feeling refreshed in time for our Wednesday Walk.

And lastly, please remember to click on the Shelter Challenge every day, in support of Turtle Gardens. They are currently at third place in Canada, and if I understand the rules correctly need to be in second place to win any money. The contest runs until midnight July 26th, so please - click, click, click. It costs nothing and helps the animals.

2 comments:

Donna said...

How is Martin doing? I haven't seen anything on the blog in a while.

Jean said...

Martin is doing well. He quietly observes the rest of his herd as he learns how to be an alpaca after years of thinking he was a llama or more recently a piggy!

I had hoped to get over there this week but have been really busy working on a campaign to ban the gassing of cats in this area. Next week I will go spend some time helping out there and take some photos of Martin!