Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Shine on, shine on harvest moon....

The moon was just rising over the bay as Shiloh and I took our evening walk, flooding the waters with its deep orange light.  I didn't have the camera with me, so walked back to the house as quickly as is possible with a sixteen year old sheltie out for a sniffy stroll. I knew as it rose, the colour would fade.

[Shiloh:  You dragged me back to the house, mom. You dragged me!]

I grabbed both cameras, hopped in the car, raced the short distance to the beach, and began shooting.  There was a steady stream of other people arriving with the same thought in mind - to watch the moon and/or to photograph it - and the headlights of their vehicles made the lighting inconsistent.  I've never had any luck with moon shots - they are either blurry or look like a pinpoint a zillion miles away.  So I just kept changing settings, hoping to get something worth posting.  I have no idea which settings did the trick, but I'm pretty happy with the results - especially as I forgot to grab the tripod.  Enjoy!










3 comments:

CarolineA said...

WOW WOW WOW! You did great! The shots are beautiful!

I love watching the moon when it comes up over the mountains and frequently stop and watch it for a long time.

Anonymous said...

It was a beautiful moon last night. I'm glad you got some great shots of it.

Else

Sheryl said...

Very nice!