Thursday, May 14, 2009

Six A.M. - Do you know where your dogs are?



I know where mine are. Fast asleep in beds and on rugs, after having INSISTED I get up at 5:00 to let them out. Only one of them actually did anything, so I suspect it was all a ruse as they know full well they each get a treat after that first trip out in the morning.

And why am I miffed that they are now all fast asleep? Because I'm not. And I need to be. Why? Because a certain ten year old black and white fidgeter kept me awake much of the night with her scritch, scritch, scritching on the laminate floor where she insisted on sleeping instead of on a rug or in a dogbed.

And where is said ten year old B&W now? Fast asleep on MY makeshift bed. A bed too small for dog AND human. (We are at the new house for a week, to oversee the installation of flooring and appliances).

But the sleeper couch I bought for the spare room arrives this morning, and so do the carpet people. So tonight I will have a bigger bed, in a newly-carpeted room, and all the dogs will be banned from the laminate living room floor at night time forevermore.

And there's even room on the sleeper couch for a certain B&W dog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear more misadventures in your new home. How is "Uncle" Martin doing with the young alpacas and his new home? Have you had a chance to visit? I loved the picture of him in the van. It shows what amazingly adaptable and trusting creatures they can be.

Big Sis and O'Bear

Jean said...

Sis, I haven't talked to Judy in the past couple of days, but will be going over there on Sunday to help with the shearing. I'll try to remember to take the camera, and hope to find a moment to photograph his new home and herd!