Tuesday, January 6, 2009

BTTG

Well, it's Back To The Grind - hopefully for my last semester, though I'm going to have to take a serious look at my finances before making that plunge into retirement. The market, the vet bills and Rob the Plowman have hit the pocketbook a wee bit hard this past year.

I'm not getting off to a great start this first day of the new semester as I caught very little sleep last night. Apparently, crystallized snow and ice falling from trees and sliding off roofs sounds exactly like dogs scratching at doors to get out - a sound which sends me flying from deep sleep to back door in a nanosecond.


Rob the Plowman finally made it here at 11:00 last night, for which I am eternally grateful. But that meant I didn't get to bed until midnight, and woke every 30 minutes or so due to aforementioned avalanches around my bedroom windows. Four of those times, the scratching really was Charley needing out - looks like I was overly optimistic yesterday when I blogged that her bowel troubles were showing improvement. On the positive side, I now have a great, real life example for the concept of "intermittent reinforcement" in my socialization course.

So, bagged out from lack of sleep but armed with a new anecdote for the classroom, I wearily head out into the big, white, wet, slushy, slidey, yucky, poopy world.

Have a good day, everyone.

No comments: