Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A wonderful story, a powerful message

One of my favourite blogs about dogs is called Patience-please. Patience Renzulli is a gifted writer with a terrific sense of humour and a gaggle of eight funny whippets. Patience is also a supporter of rescues, a doting doggy servant, and has a level-headed, balanced sense of animal stewardship.

I am often touched by her entries, but none have touched me more than her entry today, titled Santa's Sigh. It is about pets and Christmas, and it is a story that carries a message both significant and profound. It belongs on the OpEd page of every newspaper in the country -- I put it on a par with the famous classic, "Yes Virginia, There is a Santa Claus."

Take a few moments to gather your loved ones, and with mugs of hot chocolate and a cookie in hand, please read this wonderful Christmas story:
http://patience-please.blogspot.com/2008/12/santas-sigh.html

Thank you, Patience, for bringing tears to my eyes.

1 comment:

Black Jack's Carol said...

Wow! Thanks for that post, Jean. Patience-please will become another of my favorite blogs.