Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Allie's not a sheep....

.....but Charley the border collie knew just what to do!!! This morning I accidently left the back door open just a touch - the dogs were outside and I dashed in to make a phone call, failing to close it firmly behind me.

When I returned to the mudroom, I realized the door was open a couple of inches, I thought "hmmmm - I hope the cat didn't get out!". Allie is an indoor cat, always has been, always will be. I don't believe in turning cats into road pizza, coyote snacks, or annoyances to neighbouring gardeners.

As I opened the door wider to return outside, there was Charley the border collie, less than a foot away, shoving Allie back inside the house with her long collie nose!

Good job, Charley!!! Good job!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This story made me smile. I can just see Charlie nosng Allie back inside. One smart dog!

Big Sis and O'Bear